.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Hearts and Burlap


Hello there! Welcome to another installment of Tips and Techniques. I am sure many of you have heard of Pinterest by now. Today I am going to show you how I took an idea from Pinterest and used it to create a layout. Here is my inspiration piece:


First you will need to cut a view pieces of burlap. I cut five to use for my banner but you can cut as many as you would like.


Next I cut out a small triangle from the banner to create little pennants.


I drew out a template and used it to create the little hearts.


This next step takes a little time to do but it is so worth it in the end. Grab a needle and some thread and hand sew the hearts onto the burlap.


Do the same steps for the rest of your banner pieces. Once you are done. Take a moment to admire your work.


Now for the easy part, use your banner on a layout or card. Here is how I used mine.


I hope that you will find this technique helpful. Happy creating!

-Diana

2 comments:

Katherine said...

What a fab idea I will have to give that a go :)

Linh C. said...

Simply ADORABLE!