.

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Bookpaper

I have had such a thing for BOOKPAPER lately! I love that it's another "neutral" I can add to my pages to give the eye a rest. Next time you go to reach for a sheet of black, white, cream, or kraft cardstock . . . try replacing it with a sheet of bookpaper and see how you like the results!

I have used it for a background:





To cover chipboard letters:





Layer punched circles behind other accents to give them more visual weight:



Punch (stars) or cut it (clouds) into accents:





Layered it as part of a flower:




Spritzed it with spray inks or color washed it with paint:



It's fun! And it's also an inexpensive way to add a sense of "history" and texture to your pages. I bought an old book at a second-hand store for $2. That book will last me a long time.


Give it a try and have fun!
I can't wait to see what you do with bookpaper!

Jana

3 comments:

MichelleB said...

I love this idea. I like the look of the text and the projects shown are super inspiring!

MarciaD said...

This post is amazing!!Love these ideas!

Michele Kovack said...

I love the look of book paper! It adds just the right touch!