.

Friday, June 11, 2010

A Few Tips On Putting A Layout Together

Ok so today I have little tip for you.  With the latest Double Trouble Challenge I realized that I don't rely too heavily on pattern paper - I rely more on embellishments.  But, I did want to make the pattern paper go far, so I cut the paper in half and used both sides together as a 'single' sheet.  To hide the seam I used some Pink Paislee tape and some bazzill trims.  By doing this, I was also able to dsiplay my photos in a way that hilights the the largest photo.
I also used 3 different sized photos.  I made sure that each layer overlapped and provided continuity throughout the layout.  To bring everything together I used the large Melissa Frances frame for my title.  This frame overlaps the photo at the bottom left as well as some of the layers on the right. 

Because the top left corner was so bare to me I decided to stamp a mini border to balance the layout out.  With the stamp alone I didn't like it - and was upset that Ididn't just leave it be - but I added a neutral tag to take away some of the harsh black.
 
I guess that wasn't one tip that was a few - heee - I hope it made sense and provided you with some background on how I put the layout together.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Michelle

No comments: