.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Footprint Fun

I have a fun Halloween craft you can do with your kids to share today and a "spooky" way to dress it up when you are finished. Creating animals and other creatures using footprints and handprints make for wonderful keepsakes capturing a moment in time when your children are little.

I had a great time creating these spooky ghosts with my girls. Take a look....


And here we are crafting away...I simply cut black cardstock to 8 x 10 so it could fit in a frame and then painted my girls' feet with white acrylic paint. Just stamp their feet and allow the project to dry. (This is also a great project to duplicate for grandparents and other family members).


When the ghosts were dry, we added googly eyes using glue dots and then I drew around the edge of the cardstock with a white gel pen and added the date. I also labeled each ghost with little alphabet stickers.
I then took a plain wooden frame and painted it black, then added crackle medium and went over it with white paint. I added "Boo" with a couple different Thicker fonts and adhered a border sticker at the top of the frame.

Then I cut a couple pieces of cheesecloth and glued with a hot glue gun. One of the pieces I tied off with a piece of twine and then added a patterned paper "curtain" of sorts. To distress the cheesecloth, I cut it up a little bit and then rubbed black ink on it.



A super fun, quick, easy project...the girls love looking at their ghosts too! Try making a ghost family with your entire family!

Thanks for looking! :)

Jill

5 comments:

Michelle Whitlow said...

very cute! We've done the reindeer and Christmas trees with hands and feet but not ghosts. I'll have to try that one.

Kimberly said...

Oh that is just DARLING! I LOVE baby feet and things made with them! xx :)
Loves,
K

Lü Sielskis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kate Lynch said...

Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks for sharing.

Clipping solutions said...

Wow! this is a great and helpful piece of info. I am glad that you shared this helpful info with us. Background Removal Service
Car Image Editing service
clipping path service