.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Treat Bags!

 Hello friends!! I have had so much fun playing with the Something Wicked kit and wanted to share an idea I had for some cute little treat bags. These are made with kraft glassine bags and lots of yummy papers and embellies from the kit.


The first thing I do is to determine the size of the bag. The bags I had were just a little too tall for what I wanted to do, so I just folded under the bottom of the bag. No biggie.

  

Then I made a base for it to sit in by cutting two pieces of paper. The first needs to be about 1/4" wider than whatever bag you are using and as tall as you want. The second needs to be 1/4" larger than the first piece on the right and left sides and bottom. Score this line on all three sides and fold so that you can glue the first and second pieces together. 

After the base is made, you can cut a circle in the top, and add whatever decorations you like.


 Here is a cute little monster bag with a black bow glued right to the glassine bag.


 I LOVE the Fancy Pants journal spots sheet - it makes for great treat bag covers!


 Layer lots of fun elements up and personalize to whomever the recipient will be, if you like.


 And here's the final product! I'll fill these all with some yummy treats and give them to friends on Halloween. FUN FUN FUN!!

That's all for today!
Happy Scrappin'!
xoxo
Britt

No comments: